Something's happening here...

What it is, ain't exactly clear...

[If you're old enough to get the song reference, congratulations!]

Let's just do a list. It goes nicely with my complete lack of focus.

A. Is fall really going to show up? I am so excited! The windows are open, it's supposed to rain occasionally, and we might not get out of the seventies all week. Given that it's October, bring it on!

2. This family is on Weight Watchers. If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know it's been a couple of years. Sadly, the weight came back on when I lost focus and allowed a stressful job to stop me from doing what I knew to do. It's been a week, and I'm probably down a couple of pounds. We're also going to boot camp three times a week -- so I can safely say there's a little competitive spirit in the house. Everyone is tracking for themselves and so far no one is admitting to really falling off the points wagon. Just tonight, the comment was heard that "getting thin is hard." Well duh. If it wasn't, everyone would be... you know. Anyway, it means lots more cooking is going on, so maybe there will be a few more blog postings with pictures. 
Turkey sausage lettuce cups and some Arborio rice.
It's been over 2 years since I've made (or eaten) rice. It. Was. Awesome.
III. Speaking of a job, one of my jobs at work is QA manager. In the 10 months I've been here, it's been tough to find enough time (and brain power) to spend much time working on those processes because of my  project management job. Finally, though, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'll get to spend some time indulging my love for all things QA and grammar.
I was too lazy to make my own list of 10 for this, but it'll do...
even though it's missing my beloved Oxford comma in #6.
D. I will not admit that I've been watching Orange is the New Black. The language is atrocious, the subject matter is not what I usually enjoy...but it is so freaking entertaining I can't stay away. I don't think it will be a long-term thing for me, but hilarious.

5. Now that I think about it, I have several TV addictions, some that I've mentioned before:
  • Scorpion: Have you guys discovered this one yet? We're on episode 3 and I love this show. Katharine McPhee has been a fave since Smash and I love her in this. The premise is great, and so far, it's a complete departure from our usual gore-filled procedurals. It needs to stay around a long time. 
  • Speaking of gore-filled, The Walking Dead! I'm probably going to lose credibility when I say I haven't watched the premier yet -- but the kid doesn't watch that one with us so we have to wait til she's otherwise occupied. It'll definitely happen this week and I can't wait!
  • Royal Pains: I know, it's been around forever, but we just started watching it on Netflix. We needed a break from our usual (see above) and I'd seen enough of these to know we'd probably like it. I just think Mark Feuerstein is so adorable, and "Evan R. Lawson, CFO of Hankmed" makes me laugh. We're in Season One and Fonzie just showed up! I have no idea how long he hangs around, but it's so fun to see him!
  • Speaking of "where was I the first time around" -- Gilmore Girls is on Netflix! I'm debating taking a week off work just so I can marathon watch, but that seems irresponsible. It's another one that just didn't fit in when it was on originally, but I always wanted to get back to it. Thanks, Netflix, for becoming a bigger timesuck than Pinterest. 
VI. Boot camp three days a week when a woman is of a certain age should be illegal. Just sayin'.

Finally, speaking of age, it's birthday month here. Bug turns 19 on the 19th, and I'll turn some other age soon after that. Not sure what we're doing for her big day yet, but I have fond memories of last year. 

So that's the update from around here. What's going on in your neck o' the woods?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.